Friday, December 13, 2013

He Lives!!!

Christ lives!  It's a simple statement.  It's a fact.  It's my testimony.

Three days after Jesus Christ was crucified he was resurrected.  I love that Mary Magdalene was the first person to talk with Christ and see him after the resurrection.  Mary and the other women had gone to Jesus' tomb to finish taking care of his body.  When they got there, they found the tomb empty.  Angels were there and told the women that Christ was risen.  Mary sat weeping by the tomb.  She turned around and saw Jesus, but didn't recognize him.  "15 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? She supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou has laid him, and I will take him away.  16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master."  (John 20:15-16)  This scripture speaks volumes to me.  First of all, women were not trusted in those days, but Jesus doesn't care what other people thinks, so he trusts Mary to be the first to see him.  The second thing I love about this scripture is the fact that Jesus is there comforting Mary, even though she doesn't realize it.  So often I find myself being upset and feeling like I'm all alone, but Christ is always there for me.  I just sometimes fail to recognize him.  Lastly, Christ called Mary by name.  This is another reminder to me that when I am going through a rough patch, that Christ will be there and call me by name and comfort me.

Christ is risen!  He lives!  He knows and loves each and every person on this earth, but more importantly(for me), he knows me.  He knows my struggles, my thoughts, and my feelings.  He loves me.  Though he died on the cross on Calvary, he was resurrected.  Just like Christ was resurrected, so can we be.  I know that my redeemer lives.  Don't just take my word for it, watch the Mormon Message "He Lives" and take the prophet's and apostles' testimonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment