Sunday, October 13, 2013

Swept Off

Dating.  I have been thinking about this quite a bit.  Partly because I am taking a break from dating and partly because it's something that I think about a lot.  Haha!  I have come to the conclusion that dating is hard because there are lots of amazing guys out there, but not a ton of the them sweep you off your feet.

Let me explain.....  In fairy tales we always hear about how the princess or girl is doing something, when "prince charming" comes into the picture and they fall madly in love.  The key part is the they.  The feeling is mutual.  One person isn't madly in love while the other is only mildly interested.  On the other hand, we constantly have people telling us that the fairy tales are completely false and that dating is hard it takes a bunch of work and that nothing will happen unless you make it and allow it to happen.   I think both of these ideas are kind of faulty.  Falling in love requires that both parties are open to the possibilities, and ready to work to make the relationship happen.  Where I disagree with the second thought is it that you will never find someone who sweeps you off your feet.

Lets face it.  We have all been around people who we are completely attracted to.  They are cute, kind, driven, and have a light about them.  The problem is usually that they don't like us.  Then there are the people who you think are great, but for one reason or another you don't get twitter patted when you are around.  You enjoy their company and like spending time with them, but the complete attraction isn't there.  It is usually these people that end up really liking you.  Occasionally, the one that you are super attracted to, feels the same way about you.  In my opinion, this is the perfect and best way to start a relationship.  People have often told me that in waiting for this to happen before I start exclusively dating them, is ridiculous.  "It's like waiting for a fairy tale." they tell me.

Maybe it is a little idealistic to want this for a first real relationship, but if you don't get excited to get the persons text, there is no good reason for you to be dating that person.  If they can't make you smile, just by thinking about them, they aren't the one.  If that is crazy, I'm ok with being crazy because I don't want to give my heart away to someone when I'm not wanting to be around them constantly when they first start asking me out.  I want to be swept off my feet and I will wait and look for that.  It may take a while because all of the guys I like don't like me, but it will totally be worth the wait in the end.  At least that's my opinion.  we'll see how it works out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment